The Faculty of Medicine, Universitas Brawijaya participated in the commemoration of the 77th Independence Day of the Republic of Indonesia, on Wednesday (17/08/2022). With the theme “Recover Faster, Rise Stronger”, all University and Faculty level leaders attended the event at the Rectorate building on the 1st floor. The Rector of Universitas Brawijaya, Prof. Widodo, S.Si., M.Sc., Ph.D.Med.Sc, directly led the event. All lecturers, education staff, and student representatives joined through the YouTube channel.
On this occasion, the Rector of Universitas Brawijaya read the remarks of the Minister of Education, Culture, Research, and Technology (Mendikbudristek). Through his remarks, the Minister invited educators, education staff, and students throughout the country to form a global collaboration to work together to restore and revive the education system.
“We have also convinced the world that Indonesia’s young generation has been trained in the world of work and social life, the provisions of which have been obtained since college through various off-campus learning programs in Kampus Merdeka,” said the Rector reading the Minister’s remarks.
The next event is the announcement of the UB GIRAFFE Award 2022, and the awarding of Satya Lencana led by the Vice Rector for Planning, Cooperation, and Internationalization, Prof. Dr. Ir. Moch. Sasmito Djati, M.S. The UB GIRAFFE award, which stands for Governance, Innovation, Reputation, Alumni, Faculty, Fund, and Efficiency, is an award assessed based on the Main Performance Indicators (IKU) that the Ministry of Education and Culture has determined.
In the UB GIRAFFE Award 2022 event, the Faculty of Medicine won 10 awards in different categories. All awards were received directly by the Dean of the Faculty of Medicine, Dr. dr. Wisnu Barlianto, M.Si.Med, Sp.A(K). The eleven awards are:
- 1st Place in Graduates who work immediately for less than 6 months,
- 2nd Place in Number of Lecturers working off campus
- 3rd Place in Number of lecturers who have certification and competence
- 1st Place in Number of practitioners teaching on campus
- 1st Place in Number of Nationally Indexed Publications
- 1st Place in Number of Internationally Indexed Publications
- 1st Place in Number of Intellectual Property Rights
- 3rd Place in Number of Patents
- 1st Place in Number of Study Programs that collaborate with QS100 partners by subject
- 3rd Place in Number of Courses using case methods and team-based projects
- 3rd Place in Budget Use Efficiency